Wolverhampton Mountaineering Club – Who are we?
Our club currently has around 100 members who have a keen interest in all things mountaineering. We meet socially weekly and have formal meets on a regular basis throughout the year all over England and Wales, with a few meets further afield such as Scotland and the Alps. Members of the club also regularly arrange other meets and trips, whether it be a day to the peak district, a weekend in Wales or a week in Kalymnos.
When and where do we meet?
Click points for details
The Club meets every Tuesday we meet at the Great Western on Sun Street at 21.30. This is where we get to know new and prospective members, so if you would like to join please feel free to head down. We also meet at Wolf Mountain
on the last Tuesday of each month at 19.30 before heading to the pub, so if climbings your thing then come find us.
You can find our meets program here
. We usually organise the meets on the Tuesday before at the pub. We try to arrange lifts so as many people travel together as possible (and those who can’t drive have a lift!). If you can’t make the pub, then you can contact us here
What do we do?
Members of the club participate in all of the usual mountaineering based sports, such as:
- Walking & Scrambling
- Ice climbing
- Mountain biking
- Road cycling
How to join the club
Joining the club is easy and inexpensive. If you come down to the pub on a Tuesday then we will point you in the direction of our new members secretary. To become a full member, we ask you attend at least 3 meets from the clubs meets card
. This gives us and you a chance to get to know one another.
Once you have completed the meets, the committee will vote to make you a full member of the club.
Current membership fees stand at:
- £30 for members in employment
- £22 for unemployed/retired members
- £18 for full time students
and are due on 1st
January. If you join part way through the year you will be charged a fraction of the total amount.
The main benefit of being a member of our club is getting to know us, you will never be short of a partner for whatever adventure or trip you could imagine! Other benefits include:
- Access to our hut: not only do you get the discounted rate of £4, but you can also use the hut whenever it’s free. The Byre will always be left unbooked (on some occasions it can be booked, but then the cottage will be available).
- BMC club membership: as the club is affiliated with the BMC, you will gain their benefits such as civil liability insurance and discounts.
- Retail discounts: as part of the BMC membership, you get discount in many outdoor shops.
- Discount at Wolf Mountain show them your membership card and you will get £0.50 off each visit.
Rules and Constitution
Please see below links to our constitution and our club rules (revised May 2020).
Media Guidelines and consent form, please click here